Sales Line is interviewing candidates for a position as Plant Manager, automotive field. The office is based near Detroit.
About Sales Line
We are a headhunting & recruiting company based in Italy, active in Europe for over 120 clients.
About the company that is hiring
Our customer is an Italian company, a leader in the Fasteners sector. It is dedicated, with constant innovation, to the manufacture of screws and special fastening components, created for the most severe applications in the mechanical and motor industry with automated assemblies, and specialists in cold forming technology.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for Plant Manager USA automotive sector for a plant near Detroit. The Manager must ensure the efficient management of the production site, ensuring excellence, in compliance with the times and methods shared with Italian HQ.
What is the challenge for you and the company?
The challenge will be to transfer the Italian Head Quarter’s corporate culture to the American Plant.
At least 5 years as a Plant Manager and the ability to manage a production plant with total autonomy. Nice to have knowledge of the Italian language.
Want to know more? Please continue reading…
WHAT DOES THE PLANT MANAGER DO?
The Plant Manager must ensure the efficient management of the production site, ensure excellence, and respect the times and methods shared with Italian HQ. He or she will supervise the planning of the production, in the perspective of continuous improvement of the processes, with the objective of efficiency and optimization. He or she will directly coordinate the entire Plant, which has about 90 people.
He or she appreciates the culture of “Walk the Plant”.
In particular, he or she will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with production planning
- Coordinate Production Departments in relation to operational planning
- Guarantee timing and quality standards required (zero error)
- Ensure the correct preventive maintenance of the plants and manage extraordinary maintenance
- Promote the climate of cooperation between the production departments and the different business areas
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Be a promoter of the ‘culture’ of Italian Management, in the American Plant
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CANDIDATE
The requirements of the ideal candidate we are looking for are the follows:
- Solid experience as Plant Manager in large and/or medium-structured companies, preferably from the automotive sector or alternatively from areas of production of standard mechanical components (volumes of millions of pieces per day)
- Degree in Mechanical or Management Engineering
- Nice to have: Knowledge of the Italian language
- Soft skills: Leadership & Team Working; Emotional & Social Intelligence; Problem Solving & Decision Making; Time Management, Stress Management, Result Orientation
- Hard Skills: Process Engineering
WHAT WE OFFER
- Interesting remuneration package
- Autonomy and responsibility in the assigned activities.
- Company car
Near Detroit (USA)
The searches are always aimed at applications of both sexes (L.903/77).